|Kiadó||The Experiment LLC|
Pete Magill, Thomas Schwartz , Melissa Breyer: Build Your Running Body - A Total-Body Fitness Plan for All Distance Runners, from Milers to Ultramarathoners - Run Farther, Faster, and Injury-Free
"The best running book ever." --Bob Anderson, founder of Runner's World
Whether you're a miler or an ultramarathoner, if you want a fit, fast, and injury-resistant running body, there's a better way to train than relentlessly pursuing mileage. This easy-to-use workout manual draws on the latest research in running physiology to target all the components that go into every stride--including muscles, connective tissue, cardiovascular fitness, energy production, the nervous system, hormones, and the brain. With the breakthrough whole-body training program in Build Your Running Body, runners will improve their times, run longer and more comfortably, and reduce injury.
With more than 150 workouts--from weightlifting and cross-training to resistance exercises and plyometrics--fine-tuned to individual skill levels and performance goals, PLUS:
- 393 photos that make it easy to follow every step of every workout
- 10 training programs to help runners of all levels integrate the total-body plan into their daily routines
- Interviews with leading runners, exercise scientists, and coaches--learn how elite runners train today
- Race strategy for the crucial weeks leading up to the competition and through to the finish line
- Exercises to prevent injury and rehabilitate common running ailments
- Seasoned insight on barefoot running, the pros and cons of stretching, and other hot-button topics
- Nutrition guidance on carbs, proteins, fats, and weight loss
- More than 30 recipes to speed recovery and cement fitness gains
- Beginners' guidelines every step of the way
- Valuable tips on proper apparel, tracking your progress, and more!